Manchester United have agreed a £40million fee with Inter Milan for Ivan Perisic.
The Croatian winger is set to be Jose Mourinho’s third signing of the window following the captures of Romelu Lukaku and Victor Lindelof.
The Italians have stood firm on their valuation of Perisic, but now the deal looks close to being finalised.
Inter are set to complete a deal for Lazio star Keita Balde following a loan enquiry for Anthony Martial.
But finally the long running saga is over and the former Borussia Dortmund star will finally get his wish of making the switch to the Premier League.
SunSport exclusively revealed in May the 28-year-old wideman has agreed to move to Old Trafford on a £100,000 per week deal.
United are exptected to turn thier attention to Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic who has not travelled with Antonio Conte’s squad for their pre-season tour of the Far East.
The Serbian star has fallen down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge with the signing of Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko.
The Reds kicked off their pre-season tour with a 5-2 win over LA Galaxy on Saturday.
A Marcus Rashford brace and goals from Marouane Fellaini, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Anthony Martial did the damage for Mourinho’s men at the StubHub Center.
Meanwhile Sergio Romero has committed his long-term future to United by signing a new four-year contract.
The Argentinain keeper moved to Old Trafford on a free transfter from Sampdoria in 2015 and played a crucial role in last season’s Europa League success.
Ivan Perisic factfile: 'childish' but 'incredible'
- Born in Split, Croatia on February 2 1989
- The 28-year-old began his career with Hajduk Split and spent six years there before joining French side Sochaux
- He then moved on Belgian outfit Club Brugge before being spotted by Borussia Dortmund in 2011
- Perisic spent two years at the Westfalenstadion and won the Budesliga in 2012
- He fell out with Jurgen Klopp who called him ‘childish’ and was off-loaded to Wolfsburg for £7m in January 2013
- Serie A side Inter Milan came calling in 2015 and he signed for them in a deal worth around £13.5m
- Jose Mourinho is now trying to add the Croatian international to his squad at Old Trafford
- Perisic is a strong, goalscoring winger who is not above doing his defensive duties
- He has 57 caps for Croatia, and has scored 16 goals
- Croatia legend Davor Suker said: ‘Perisic is incredible… he can dribble past three players in one motion’
- Want Perisic in your fantasy football team? Sign up here