Chelsea are on the brink of signing Real Madrid wing-back Danilo, according to reports in Spain.
The Blues are chasing the 25-year-old Brazilian and are believed to be lining up a £31million bid.
Antonio Conte is seeking extra competition for the full-back spots as the Blues face a glut of games in Europe.
Marca reports Danilo wants to leave the Bernabeu for regular football in order to book a place in Brazil’s World Cup squad next summer.
And Italian boss Conte’s insistence he will shine at Stamford Bridge is said to have swayed him towards Chelsea.
Danilo joined Real for £23m from Porto in 2015 but was a bit-part player last season.
Los Blancos feel they do not need to sell the player, who plays mainly at right-back.
Juventus have also been linked with a move for Danilo this summer, which could see Real try and spark a bidding war.
Danilo played 25 times for Real in all competitions last season, featuring in 17 La Liga matches.
Chelsea completed the £34m signing of Roma defender Antonio Rudiger, 24, on Sunday.
The German plays more central than Danilo, though can also operate on the right.
- Born in Bicas, Brazil, in 1991
- He played in the Brazilian league between 2009-11 with America-MG and later Santos
- Won his first Brazil cap in September 2011 after shining for Santos
- In 2012, moved to Portuguese giants Porto, where he went on to play 91 times in three seasons
- Won two Primeira Ligas and the Portuguese Community Shield during while at the Estadio do Dragao
- Signed for Real Madrid in a £28million transfer in 2015
- In two years at the Bernabeu, won La Liga, two Champions Leagues, the Uefa Super Cup and the Fifa Club World Cup