Antonio Rudiger is due to complete a £34million move to Chelsea this week after the Blues agreed a deal with Roma.
The defender will undergo a medical in Los Angeles while on holiday in the USA.
German star Rudiger is currently on vacation after helping his country to Confederations Cup glory in Russia last week.
They are due to fly out to LA for the star to complete his check-up and thrash out terms in the coming days after agreeing a fee with the Serie A side, according to Sky Sports.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has been hot on the tail of Rudiger all transfer window.
The Italian was desperate for a new defender following the departure of John Terry to Aston Villa.
Rudiger had played down talk of a transfer in the wake of his side’s Confederations Cup win last weekend.
Antonio Rudiger factfile
- Born in Berlin, Germany, on March 3 1993.
- Started his senior career at VfB Stuttgart II in 2011.
- Spent a year there before being bumped up to VfB Stuttgart in 2012 where he stayed for three years.
- Roma signed Rudiger on loan on August 19 2015 and clubs agree on optional transfer fee at end of the one-year contract.
- Rudiger was eligible to play for Sierra Leone – his mother’s homeland – as well as Germany.
- Makes his debut for the German national senior team on May 13 2014 in 0-0 draw against Poland.
- Wins Conferdations Cup with Germany, his first major honour.
Rudiger, who stopped Chile going ahead early on in the final, said: “It’s not about the future now, it’s about enjoyment.
“I need to enjoy this moment and I’m enjoying it to the fullest.
“The rest we will see in the coming weeks.”
Chelsea have looked firm favourites to land Rudiger since first being linked to him – but Manchester City also made a last-ditch attempt to take him to the Etihad.
But it now appears that the Conte’s men are firmly in the driving seat for his signature.
DREAM TEAM COMEDY: Post-Football Season Stress Disorder is affecting us all
You can pre-register for Dream Team's new fantasy football game below...