Kylian Mbappe has sent Arsenal fans into a spin with his social media habits over the past couple of days.
The Monaco teenager looks set to leave the Ligue 1 champions, with both Arsenal, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid hot in pursuit.
And eagle-eyed Gooners believe they have solved the question over his future – by looking at his Instagram account.
The 18-year-old was brilliant last season, scoring 26 goals and becoming the hottest property in Europe.
He is expected to fetch what will be a world record fee, with Arsenal looking at splashing out more than £100million for the forward.
Over the weekend, Arsenal fans became giddy after Mbappe was seen “liking” Alexis Sanchez’s pictures on image sharing app Instagram.
Kylian Mbappe factfile
- Born in Bondy, a suburb of Paris, on December 20, 1998
- Joined Moncao in 2013 after two years at the famed French national football centre, Clairefontaine
- Made his Monaco debut on December 2, 2015 – beating Thierry Henry’s 21-year-old record to become the club’s youngest ever player aged 16 years, 347 days
- Scored his first goal for the club in February 2016 and become Monaco’s youngest ever scorer aged, 17 years, 62 days, once again beating a Thierry Henry record
- In February 2017, become the youngest player since 2005 to score a Ligue 1 hat-trick, aged 18 years and two months
- Took the Champions League by storm, helping Monaco to the semi-final of the competition with six goals in nine matches
- Finished the season with 26 goals in all competitions and was named in the Ligue 1 and the Champions League teams of the season
- Made his France debut in March 27 against Luxembourg – becoming the second youngest French player ever (behind Maryan Wisnieski) at 18 years, 3 months, 5 days
The excitement went a step further after he was also found to be liking Mesut Ozil’s pictures.
And the social media hint reached fever pitch when Mbappe was found to be liking the pictures of a third Arsenal player.
It wasn’t Laurent Koscielny, Petr Cech or any of the other high profile stars – but French teenager Jeff Reine-Adelaide.
The 19-year-old, signed from Lens reserves in 2015, has played eight senior matches for Arsenal but is yet to appear in the Premier League.
The two youngsters know each other from the French youth set-up, with both having represented Les Bleus at U17 and U19 level.