Who said the FA Cup has lost its magic?
The highlight of the fifth round is taking place under the lights at Stamford Bridge tonight as Chelsea take on a wounded Liverpool side in what promises to be a belter of a cup tie.
Oh, there’s also the *small* matter of West Brom vs Newcastle and Reading vs Sheffield United tonight as well…
This article has been written by Dream Team journalists and is informed by editorial opinion. It contains links which are ads (and if you click the link below and bet on an odd, we will earn revenue.)
CLAIM YOUR FREE £30 BET NOW - AD
- Get a free £30 bet with Betway
- Split the bet however you like
- CLAIM YOUR FREE BET NOW
Right, with no further ado, let’s have a look at a couple of eye-catching bets on offer for this evening’s games:
- BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE AND OVER 2.5 GOALS IN CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL, 21/20 WITH BETWAY (CLAIM HERE) – Liverpool have conceded six in their last three games while Chelsea have let in the most goals of any side in the top half of the Premier League – surely we are in for a score-fest at the Bridge?
- ALL SIX SIDES TO SCORE IN TONIGHT’S GAMES, 9/2 WITH BETWAY (CLAIM HERE) – All three games look finely poised and seven games out of the last nine in the FA Cup have seen both teams score. The biggest issue will be if goal-shy Newcastle can bag one at The Hawthorns.
Man City made it six consecutive domestic trophies when they swept aside Aston Villa at Wembley on Sunday.
Pep Guardiola has now won three League Cups in a row which can act as a remedy for what has been a very stale Premier League season for City.
Dean Smith’s boys gave punters up and down the land a fright when Claudio Bravo was forced to push Bjorn Engels’ header onto the post with a couple of minutes to go.
Sergio Aguero was favourite to bag the first goal of the game and he did just that before Rodri made it two early on – at that point the game looked dead and buried.
Villa’s late efforts were thwarted and Pep walked away with yet *another* piece of silverware to add to his impressive collection.
Well done to all of you who got on the City win and kudos to those of you who backed Aguero to get on the score sheet first.
Right, who saw that coming then?
Liverpool appeared unstoppable in their pursuit for a golden Premier League trophy and if they were to lose a game all season, no-one could have guessed it would come in a 3-0 loss to relegation candidates, Watford.
Jurgen Klopp’s boys had no answer for the Hornets, especially their winger Ismaila Sarr who caused the Reds’ backline issues all game and got a brace in the unlikely win.
Liverpool will have to dust themselves down as they have the FA Cup fifth round game at Chelsea tonight.
With Atletico Madrid’s visit to Anfield just around the corner, they face an uphill task with the scoreline currently 1-0 on aggregate.
The unbeatables all of a sudden look, well, beatable.
UP THE TICS
If you thought Watford beating Liverpool was odd then Wigan’s away win against West Brom must have blown you away.
The Tics are now two points clear of the drop after the unlikely win at the table-toppers on Saturday.
Sam Morsy’s second half goal opened up the title race in the Championship nicely but, if you know anything about Dream Team Bets Club, you’d know we fancied West Brom halftime/ Wigan full time.
With that in mind, we are looking ahead to Wigan’s upcoming fixture at home to Luton Town this weekend.
And you won’t be surprised to hear we’re backing Luton to be winning at half time and the Tics to pull it back and win at full time… you can get that sure-thing of a bet at 22/1 here.
THE CASH OUT
A little more for a little more?
- Treat yourself to a pie at the game: Over 10.5 corners in Chelsea vs Liverpool – EVENS
- Get an extra round at the pub tonight: Olivier Giroud to score a header – 7/1
- Booking flights to Vegas right now: Liverpool to win, Over 4.5 goals, Over 9.5 corners and Over 3.5 cards- 22/1