Bit of a weird one tonight, super team.
The vast majority of the Champions League clashes are dead rubbers with most of the bigger boys already assured of their last 16 berths.
But that usually means a recipe for goals. And we like goals, don’t we?
This article has been written by Dream Team journalists and is informed by editorial opinion. It contains links which are ads (and if you click the link below and bet on an odd, we will earn revenue.)
GET A FREE £30 BET ON THE DARTS THIS WEEKEND
- Get a free £30 bet with Betway
- Split the bet however you like
- CLAIM YOUR FREE BET NOW
To tonight’s action then, and Bayern v Spurs is still the showpiece event despite Jose leaving Harry Kane at home.
And we all remember what happened the last time they met.
Serge Gnabry, formerly of Arsenal’s parish, turned north London red for one night with a stunning four-goal display. Four goals, Serge! FOUR! That’s insane.
And we fancy him to wipe that smug look of Jose’s face in Bavaria.
- SERGE GNABRY TO SCORE AND BAYERN MUNICH TO WIN, 7/4 WITH BETWAY – Spurs are reportedly playing a weakened team so Gnabry will be relishing another chance to get at them.
- MICHAEL VAN GERWEN AND GERWYN PRICE TO MAKE WORLD DARTS FINAL, 5/1 BOOST WITH BETWAY – You know it’s nearly Christmas when the darts rolls into town and these two are the two clear favourites for the title.
Double top, anyone?
Chelsea. At home. With Tammy Abraham leading the line. Only one outcome, really.
Abraham extended his tally for the season to 13 against Lille last night and the Blues held on for a vital win.
And the smart, sensible ones among you will have seen Abraham scoring fast and a Chelsea victory coming from a mile off.
Abraham has bagged in their last three home games so that appears to be a banker at the moment.
Chelsea are back in the last 16 again after a two-year hiatus. Welcome back to big school, lads.
Everyone’s second favourite team absolutely bottled it last night.
Ajax reached the semi-finals last season and would have contested the final had Lucas Moura not turned into prime Ronaldo.
They play some glorious stuff; Dusan Tadic dancing around Real Madrid at the Bernabeu, beating Juventus in their own backyard.
But the Dutch giants crumbled when it really mattered against Valencia.
All they needed was a point at home to the Spanish side, but Rodrigo’s early goal has consigned them to Thursday night football with Arsenal and Man United.
Ajax were 4/9 to get the job done. Proper coupon buster.
UP THE TICS
The big boys are coming to town tonight.
Will Wigan finally fulfil our dreams of losing at half and winning at half time against the league’s leaders and top scorers West Brom?
There’s certainly a good chance of the Baggies leading at the break, but how about our boys staging an almighty comeback to send the Baggies back to the Midlands with their tails between their legs?
Betway’s 40/1 price could be just what we need two weeks from Christmas.
THE CASH OUT
Come on the Wednesday club. Let’s see the last Champions League football of 2019 off in style:
- Treat yourself to a pie at the game: Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win, 2/1 with Betway
- Get an extra round in the pub tonight: Olympiakos (vs Red Star), Brentford (vs Cardiff), West Brom (vs Wigan) and Blackburn (vs Swansea), all to win, 11/1 with Betway
- Booking flights to Vegas right now: Atletico vs Lokomotiv Moscow and Leverkusen vs Juventus, both to end in draws, 30/1 with Betway
Allez les Bets Clubbers.