Harry Maguire has revealed he was happy to stay at Leicester this season, despite serious interest from Manchester United after his World Cup heroics.
The England defender, 25, says he entirely respected the decision of the club to block any bids for him.
Jose Mourinho had hoped to bring him to Old Trafford in a £60million deal to firm up his shaky back-four… with Claude Puel and Co having none of it.
On his turbulent late-summer of speculation, Maguire said: “I want to be on the pitch, whether it is for someone else or for Leicester.
“There was always going to be interest over the summer after the team [did] so well in Russia but the owners reiterated I was not for sale and I respected their decision.
“They gave me the opportunity to play for this club, such a good club on the rise and I respected their decision.
THESE ARE THE CHEAPEST PLACES TO BUY FIFA 19 – PICK IT UP HERE:
“My mind has been fully on Leicester since then.”
Meanwhile, Maguire added he believes the Foxes are in for a big season, saying: “I’ve been really impressed since I came back.
“The people brought in seem to have fitted in really well and I think we’ll only get better.
“I’m an ambitious player and I think we have a really good, talented squad. If we stick together, we can be a real force this year.”
Have you signed up to play Dream Team Weekender?
- Pick 7 players – no limit to the number of players you can choose from one club
- No transfer budget – any player is available to pick
- Only Saturday and Sunday fixtures
- Sign up to play Dream Team Weekender now