We can’t remember him playing there before.
Jose Mourinho is already a man under pressure after United’s lacklustre showing in the defeat to Brighton last weekend.
In response to the poor performance from his side, the Portuguese manager has made a host of changes for the clash against Spurs, both in personnel and system.
The most surprising tactical move from Mourinho has seen Ander Herrera move to central defence as part of a back three.
I know, we don’t get it either…
The Spaniard, who is usually deployed as a tenacious defensive midfielder, has slotted in alongside Chris Smalling and Phil Jones at the heart of United’s defence.
The rumours before kick-off had been that Nemanja Matic could be the one who became a makeshift defender.
Mourinho has hoodwinked us all however.
Herrera has already picked up a yellow card for his troubles after a late challenge on Lucas Moura.
It remains to be seen whether the Spaniard will last the full 90-minutes in that position.
Mourinho could well change things once more in-game and move Herrera back to his usual midfield position.
If it pays off, he will be heralded as a tactical genius.
If it fails however, Mourinho’s head is back on the managerial chopping-block.
Fans don’t know what to make of the tactical decision…
READ MORE FROM THE WEIRD AND WONDERFUL WORLD OF DREAM TEAM:
- Monaco’s latest wonderkid is the perfect replacement for Kylian Mbappe
- Incredible FA Cup final footage shows exactly what referee hears and says with a big VAR decision
- Steven Gerrard’s Rangers players have clearly been copying him after hilarious double slip
Have you signed up to play Dream Team Weekender?
- Pick 7 players – no limit to the number of players you can choose from one club
- No transfer budget – any player is available to pick
- Only Saturday and Sunday fixtures
- Sign up to play Dream Team Weekender now