They’ve clearly been studying Gerrard’s career.
Steven Gerrard is remembered by most as a Liverpool legend and Premier League stalwart.
By others however, he’s the bottlejob fraud who slipped against Chelsea and cost his boyhood club the title.
Unfortunately for poor old Gerrard, that slip is still haunting him to this day, even into his management career with Rangers.
His players have even started to remind him of that infamous moment, deciding to recreate it during their Scottish Premier League games.
Whilst addressing his Rangers squad before their clash with Motherwell, Gerrard obviously told his men to follow the example he set in his career.
Two players in particular clearly took that advice a bit too literally.
Rangers went 1-0 down inside three minutes against Motherwell, courtesy of a goal which involved two comical slips.
Gerrard won’t want to see this one again…
You couldn’t make this sort of thing up.
Clearly the rain chucking down at Fir Park played a part in the comedy of errors
We like to think however that the Rangers players just did it for the banter.
The goal is made more ironic after Gerrard declared in a pre-match interview that his side had “stood up to every challenge thrown at them.”
It wasn’t all gloom and doom for Rangers, as they did manage to come away with one point following the 3-3 draw.
Cheap shot, we know… just couldn’t resist.
READ MORE FROM THE WEIRD AND WONDERFUL WORLD OF DREAM TEAM:
- Harry Maguire scored a goal NOT with his head to make you question everything you believed
- Cristiano Ronaldo accused of ‘not celebrating’ team-mates’ goals again… but here’s the truth
- Roberto Firmino pulled his signature move against Brighton and barely anyone noticed
Have you signed up to play Dream Team Weekender?
- Pick 7 players – no limit to the number of players you can choose from one club
- No transfer budget – any player is available to pick
- Only Saturday and Sunday fixtures
- Sign up to play Dream Team Weekender now