Nobody was expecting this to go in.
Harry Maguire’s ‘slab head’ quickly became everyone’s favourite thing about the World Cup.
The Leicester defender and his magnet skull sent pints flying everywhere, as he spent the summer channelling Paolo Maldini.
The 25-year-old has seen his stock rise dramatically since the tournament, and found himself heavily linked with a move to Man United during the transfer window.
All eyes have been on Maguire since the season began, with everyone waiting for the moment that he buries his first header of the campaign.
It took him just three games to get on the score sheet, however it was the least Maguire-isque goal you will ever see.
Leicester and Southampton were locked at 1-1 deep into stoppage time.
Just when a point for both sides looked all but confirmed, up stepped Maguire to produce a moment of magic.
Be prepared to question everything you once believed…
The goal was made even better by Maguire face-planting the floor during his celebration.
Have you signed up to play Dream Team Weekender?
- Pick 7 players – no limit to the number of players you can choose from one club
- No transfer budget – any player is available to pick
- Only Saturday and Sunday fixtures
- Sign up to play Dream Team Weekender now
The Leicester man also picked up a yellow card for taking off his shirt after his strike.
Like he gives a f**k.
Twitter didn’t know how to react to the moment…
READ MORE FROM THE WEIRD AND WONDERFUL WORLD OF DREAM TEAM:
- Steven Gerrard’s Rangers players have clearly been copying him after hilarious double slip
- Cristiano Ronaldo accused of ‘not celebrating’ team-mates’ goals again… but here’s the truth
- Roberto Firmino pulled his signature move against Brighton and barely anyone noticed