When it was first announced that the Man of Steel himself, Henry Cavill, would be starring as Geralt of Rivia, the much loved Witcher from both the game and book franchise, fans went crazy.
There was a lot of love but also a lot of hate.
This died down when it was discovered that Netflix were planning to stick very closely to the source material and that Henry Cavill was a fan of the series himself.
More controversy followed after an advertisement was found searching for a BAME actress to play the role of Ciri.
However, Netflix revealed last night that they choose to stick to the source material casting young British actress Freya Allan to play the role.
Netflix then tweeted out the rest of the revealed cast:
The castings revealed are:
- Sabrina is Therica Wilson-Read
- Millie Brady joins as the outcast Princess Renfri
- The druid Mousesack is played by Adam Levy
- Queen Calanthe’s husband, the knight Eist, will be played by Björn Hlynur Haraldsson
- Yennefer will be played by Anya Chalotra
- Tissaia, head of the magical academy, is MyAnna Buring
- Queen Calanthe is Jodhi May Fledgling
- Sorceress Fringilla is played by Mimi Ndiweni
We for one can’t wait for this to come out on Netflix.