PES 2019 is out now.
While much attention has been paid to EA’s game, Konami’s PES has always been the underdog – with ‘good reason’.
Here’s why you should definitely not get excited about this year’s PES.
1. It looks utterly awful… like really, really bad
Absolutely no effort put in here.
2. It always gets such bad reviews (PES 2018 and PES 2019)
Yeah, FIFA is clearly so much better.
3. The player celebrations are so much better on FIFA
4. It doesn’t have The Journey – and we all know that’s a massive reason to pick up a FIFA game
5. Stadiums are not detailed in the slightest
6. PES has no licences… not one
7. Konami hasn’t listened to community or added anything to the game…
- 11 new skills, including the cross-over turn, no-look pass, controlled chip, dipping shot and rising shot have been added
- Players will also show Visible Fatigue, which impacts performance and behaviour
- New shooting mechanics will take into account improved ball physics, player and ball position, and player skills and shot styles
- ‘Enlighten’ software, true-to-life visual effects and 4K HDR is supported across all platforms
- Real time ‘Global Illumination’ lighting and shadows results in better crowd detail, real grass textures and the return of the popular snow weather effect