FIFA 18 fans have been treated to yet another patch as EA Sports battles its way through a host of user complaints.
The patch, live on PC now and arriving on consoles in a few days, addresses a number of some of the most complained-about bugs.
One of the most infuriating, which has now been fixed, was the kickoff ‘glitch’.
FUT Champions players noticed it was abnormally easy to score from kick off, due to defender behaviour. They would stand off attackers, making it easy to sprint through and try a first-time shot.
However, defensive shape and player behaviour from these situations has now been changed to stop these sorts of incidents from happening.
Elsewhere, you will now no longer see your opponent’s kits in either gameplay or the Pre-Match screens. Instead, you will see your opponent wearing your unselected Active Kit – a means of limiting selective matchmaking.
There’s also a new Squad Fitness search on the way, while colours used for the Connection Quality Bars in all Online modes have been updated to make connection status more clear.
Here’s the full list of changes:
Made the following changes in Gameplay:
– After kickoff, the defending team will be more compact in defense.
_- Their attacking players will be less aggressive in pushing up the field.
_- Their defensive players will close the space between them and their attacking players to reduce the gap and limit the attacking team’s space.
Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
– Goalkeepers unnecessarily clearing the ball when it was passed to them in certain situations.
Made the following changes in FIFA Ultimate Team:
– The following changes have been made for all FUT Champions Weekend League matches”
_- All matches will now take place in the FeWC Stadium, with the Time Of Day always set to Night and Weather always set to clear.
_- The Pre-Match screens will no longer display which team is the Home team on the left side of the screen, with their opponent’s team displaying on the right side.
_- You will no longer see your opponent’s kits in either gameplay or the Pre-Match screens; instead, you will see your opponent wearing your unselected Active Kit.
_- For example, if you choose to play the match in your Home kit, you will see your opponent play the match in your Away kit.
_- The Kit Selection and Match Preview screens have been updated as a result of this change.
– The Orbit Camera can now be used when watching FUT Champions channel replays.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate Team:
– The Player Fitness and Squad Fitness search filters on the FUT Transfer Market not returning the correct items.
– The Player Transfer Market not returning the correct items.
– The Specialties displayed for some inform players, in the Team Management screens of a FUT Online Match, were incorrect.
_- This was a visual issue only with no impact on gameplay.
Made the following changes in Online Moades:
– Updated the colors used for the Connection Quality Bars in all Online modes, including in FUT.
_- 5, 4 and 3 bars are green.
_- 2 bars is yellow
_- 1 bar is red.
Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:
– A player’s Pro Clubs Virtual Pro having incorrect attributes if it was created when the player is not connected to the servers.
Made the following changes in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
– Updates to a number of kits.