FIFA 18 fans have been treated to yet another update – set to radically change the gameplay.
The latest patch, which has been released on PC, reduces the effectiveness of through-balls – long thought to be too easy this year.
Other fixes include making goalkeepers more consistent and various fixes to crashes.
The update is only available for PC initially but will be rolled out across PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in the next couple of week.
Here’s the full list of changes.
Made the following changes in Gameplay:
• Made ground passes and ground through passes less effective when blindly passing the ball between 90 and 270 degrees, where 0 degrees is the direction the player is facing.
• The most significant impact will be seen when the pass angle is between 140 and 220 degrees.
• The impact scales when the pass angle is between 90 (least impact) and 139 degrees and between 221 and 270 (least impact) degrees.
• The passes impacted by this change will see:
• Reduced ball speed.
• Reduced accuracy.
• Disabled user controlled reactions, when locked to a player, when the goalkeeper is holding the ball.
Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
• The goalkeeper sometimes parrying the ball into his own goal.
• The goalkeeper diving too early on downward header and volley shots.
• Players sometimes becoming invisible during a match.
• Dragbacks not working when rapidly tapping the modifier button.
• Players being unable to string together multiple stepovers.
• The goalkeeper, in some situations, being unable to throw the ball after making a save close to the goal line.
• The player automatically passing the ball from a set piece after the game had been paused in an Online match.
•An issue with Custom controls where movement with the directional buttons was not working when locked to a player.
Made the following changes in FIFA Ultimate team:
• Added the Objectives tile to the Pause Menu in all FUT Online modes.
• Added Guest Mode in FUT Online Seasons and FUT Online Draft.
• Disabled the FIFA Trainer within FUT Champions.