SWANSEA will look to keep their survival dream alive having taken four points from the last two games when they travel to already-relegated Sunderland.
The pair go head-to-head this weekend with one of Paul Clement’s Swans or Hull City looking certain to take the final relegation spot.
The Welsh outfit looked seemingly out of it two games ago as Hull pulled away – but the Tigers were beaten by Sunderland last weekend while Swansea won 1-0 against Everton.
So given David Moyes’ Black Cats no longer have much to play for, they could surprise people as they did by beating Hull – therefore Clement will tell his side to be on their guard.
Keep up to date with ALL the football news, gossip, transfers and goals on our page plus fixtures, results and live match commentary.
They sit in 17th, a point ahead of Hull and have an easier run-in, only having West Brom to face on the last day – while the Tigers go to Palace and then face the daunting task of Spurs on the final day.
So a win tomorrow would be huge for Swansea as they bid to pull off a great escape, having looked down and out not so long ago.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Premier League clash…
Where can I watch Sunderland vs Swansea
The Swans travel to the Stadium of Light to take on the Black Cats on Saturday May 13, with kick-off at 3pm.
The game is unfortunately not live on TV – but you can keep up to date with all the action on our live blog or watch the goals as they go in on our app.
What are the teams?
Jefferson Montero remains out having sustained a hamstring injury, while fellow winger Nathan Dyer is still out with an Achilles issue.
Premier League form guide
SUNDERLAND - WLLDL
SWANSEA - WDWLL
- Sunderland are winless in their last four Premier League meetings with Swansea at the Stadium of Light (D3 L1) since winning their first encounter 2-0 in January 2012.
- That victory is the Black Cats’ only home victory over the Swans since winning eight consecutively in all competitions between 1937 and 1964 (D5 L2).
- No Premier League player has more assists in 2017 than Gylfi Sigurdsson (7, level with Christian Eriksen).
- The Icelander needs one more goal to become the first Swansea player in the Premier League to reach double figures for both goals (9) and assists (12) in the same season.
- Sunderland have won fewer points at home this season than any other Premier League team (14).
- In fact, Sunderland are on the longest winless home run in the Premier League currently (nine games, D4 L5), failing to score in six of the last seven at the Stadium of Light.
- Jermain Defoe has scored five goals in four previous Premier League appearances against Swansea for Sunderland, including a hat-trick in January 2016.
- Defoe needs one more goal to surpass his total in the Premier League from last season (15) and have his best tally in a Premier League season since 2009/10 (18 for Spurs).
- This is the fifth different managerial matchup in the last five Premier League meetings between these sides, with David Moyes and Paul Clement following Gus Poyet and Garry Monk (February 2015), Dick Advocaat and Monk (August 2015), Sam Allardyce and Alan Curtis (January 2016) and Moyes and Bob Bradley (December 2016).
- Even if Sunderland win their remaining three Premier League games this season, it will be their third lowest points total in a Premier League season (15 in 2005/06 and 19 in 2002/03).
- The Swans haven’t kept an away clean sheet in the Premier League since their opening game this season against Burnley, going 17 on the road without one.
- Since Paul Clement’s first Premier League game on January 3rd, Swansea are the only side not to concede a goal from a set-piece situation (excl. pens) in that period.
Your say - Poll