Liverpool face competition from Barcelona for RB Leipzig forward Timo Werner, according to reports in Spain.
Leipzig fought off interest from the Reds in the summer, claiming the Germany international “feels at home here”.
But it appears the Bundesliga side must now prepare for a three-way transfer tussle between Liverpool, Barca and Real Madrid for their star striker, according to Mundo Deportivo.
The report claims Barcelona chief Robert Fernandez has watched Werner, 21, a number of times this season having already scouted him at various levels of international football.
Werner has already scored seven goals in all competitions this season following on from his stunning haul of 26 last year.
He has three years left on his contract at the Red Bull Arena, with no release clause, according to Leipzig director Oliver Mintzlaff.
Luis Suarez is only challenged by Paco Alcacer for the No9 position in the Barcelona squad.
A new frontman is believed to be the Catalan club’s priority over the next two transfer windows, with Ajax star Kasper Dolberg also said to be a Nou Camp target.
Real have touted Werner as a replacement for Alvaro Morata following his Chelsea swap, while Liverpool would likely offload a striker should they make a move, with Daniel Sturridge, Dominic Solanke and Danny Ings all playing backup to Roberto Firmino.
Mintzlaff this month said: “He has a contract until 2020 and he feels at home here.”
⚽ Ian Wright's Premier League Tips ⚽
Former striker Ian Wright selects his top tips for Saturday's action.
“Romelu Lukaku has started exactly as you’d want a £75m signing to start.
“Not only has he scored a load of goals but he’s also silenced those questioning his link-up play and the first touch.
“He’s the only player in my mind when it comes to the first goalscorer market – and I fancy United to get loads againsrt Crystal Palace.”
He added: “We are playing in the Champions League. With this, we can offer Timo everything to continue his development here.
“We are completely relaxed. Here, he has the perfect platform.”
Leipzig manager Ralph HasenHuttl questioned Werner’s character after the striker complained of “circulatory problems” and asked to be substituted in Tuesday’s 2-0 Champions League defeat at Besiktas.
Werner left the pitch after half an hour with dizziness brought on by the incredible noise in the Vodafone Arena.
The hostile atmosphere in Turkey left the German unfocused and desperately trying to block out the sound by sticking his fingers in his ears.
Werner was even given ear plugs by a Leipzig coach.
But the problem persisted and he was substituted 31 minutes into the clash, with his side 1-0 down, after asking to be replaced.
Hasenhuttl insisted his forward is “feeling better” now. He said: “He asked to come off so I took him off.
“It is impossible to prepare your team for an atmosphere like this. There was a deafening noise [and] at the start of the game we were a bit affected.”
But he added: “For me, as coach, it is important to see who I can rely on in moments like these, who is prepared to defend himself against what is going on on the pitch.
“To encounter such an atmosphere was too much for some.”
Werner said: “I have never seen such an atmosphere in my life. I could not focus on the match.
“I asked for a headset and it did not help either. I still do not feel well.”
Last month, Werner was the victim of a police scandal when a shocking video emerged of cops singing a vile chant about him while holding his shirt.
The officers’ song, sang in German, translated to: “Timo Werner is a son of a b****!”