Alexis Sanchez has reportedly “agreed terms” with Paris Saint-Germain, according to reports in France.
PSG are now set to table an offer of around £45million for the Chilean forward, who is believed to be desperate for Champions League football.
The news has been shared on Twitter by Paris United, who are usually well-informed about the club’s transfer dealings.
It comes on the back of recent reports that PSG reportedly sent their sporting director to London in a bid to finalise a deal for Alexis Sanchez.
Le Parisien via GFFN claims Antero Henrique is in the capital and will attempt to broker a deal with Arsenal for the Chilean forward.
Sanchez looks increasingly likely to leave the Emirates this summer after failing to agree a contract extension.
The 28-year-old has just one year left on his current Gunners deal.
And PSG are ready to swoop with a big-money bid after losing their Ligue 1 title to Monaco last season.
Alexis Sanchez factfile
- Born in Tocopilla, Chile on December 19, 1988
- Began his career in Chilean club Cobreloa, breaking into the first-team after one year in 2005
- Signed for Italian club Udinese in 2006 and spent one season on loan at Colo-Colo in his home country, then another at Argentine club River Plate
- Signed for Barcleona in 2011 in a £23million deal
- Won La Liga, the Copa del Rey, Supercopa, Uefa Super Cup and Fifa Club World Cup during three seasons at the Nou Camp
- Signed for Arsenal in 2014 for £35million
- Won the FA Cup in 2015 and 2017, as well as the Community Shield in 2014 and 2015
- Claimed the Cop America Cup in 2015 and 2016
- Named PFA Fans’ Player of the Year in 2015
Arsene Wenger insists Sanchez will be staying put during the window, but Manchester City are also keen and may be willing to match an offer from the French giants.
But boss Wenger is adamant he will remain an Arsenal player by claiming a “decision has been made.”
Reported by Sky Sports, he said: “The decision has been made and we will stick to that.
“The decision is not to sell.”