Chelsea have a ‘serious and strong interest’ in Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero, according to reports.
Pep Guardiola is said to have given the go-ahead for City to sell the Argentinian, who has scored 169 goals in just 253 matches for the club.
According to Sky Sports News, the Blues will make a strong chase for the 29-year-old after Diego Costa mocked manager Antonio Conte – while wearing an Atletico Madrid shirt.
The Spain striker has been told to leave Stamford Bridge and Conte is in the market for a new frontman.
Chelsea have missed out on top target Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United and AC Milan are closing in on a £61million deal for Alvaro Morata.
Borussia Dortmund ace Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang and Torino hitman Andrea Belotti are both also summer options.
Aguero, 29, who has three years left on his current deal, has fallen behind young gun Gabriel Jesus in the City pecking order.
But Etihad chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak insisted in May that the Argentine is NOT for sale – and will continue to score goals for City.
He said: “Absolutely, there’s never been a doubt about that.
“I’ve read a lot of the speculation on this and it’s ridiculous.
Sergio Aguero factfile
- Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on June 2, 1988
- Came through the system at Argentine club Independiente and broke into the first-team in 2003, after six years
- Signed for Atletico Madrid after three seasons at Independiente
- Won the Europa League, Intertoto Cup and Uefa Super Cup during his time at Atletico
- Was named World Soccer Young Player of the Year in 2009
- Signed for Manchester City in 2011 for £31.5million
- Won Man City their first Premier League title in his first season, scoring a dramatic last-minute winner against QPR on the final day of the season to beat neighbours United
- Won the Prem again in 2014, as well as two League Cups and the Community Shield during his time at the club
- Golden Boot winner in 2015
“Sergio Aguero is one of the best players in the world.
“We are a team that aspires to win every competition we compete in.
“Having Sergio Aguero as part of the squad is an absolute must.
“It has never been in doubt.”
How did Aguero get on last season on Dream Team?
- Had his best ever scoring season for Manchester City (30 goals in all competitions)
- WhoScored rating of 7.33 – better than David Silva (7.28) and Mesut Ozil (7.30)
- 307 Dream Team points – only bettered by Alexis Sanchez (348)
- Want Aguero in your fantasy football team? Sign up here
City signed Aguero from Atletico Madrid for £38million in 2011.