Manchester United and Chelsea are still interested in signing Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan.
The Belgian midfielder was subject to interest from both clubs last summer, but stayed at the Serie A club.
The 29-year-old has impressed in the Italian league with 14 goals last term to help fire Roma into the Champions League group stages.
And with United light on quality options in the middle of the park, Jose Mourinho could still make a move for Nainggolan, according to the Mail.
Chelsea are interested for similar reasons, but Antonio Conte is keen on getting a deal for Tiemoue Bakayoko over the line first.
Nainggolan will be best remembered in the UK for his stunning screamer for Belgium at Euro 2016 as they took a lead against Wales, before Chris Coleman’s side famously went on to win 3-1.
But he has had the season of his life in Italy and despite being nearly 30, Mourinho and Conte are keen add his level of experience to the Premier League.
United have looked at Tottenham’s Eric Dier, but the North London club are unwilling to sell to the Red Devils.
Radja Nainggolan factfile: Huge wings tattooed on back in tribute to late mother
- Born in Antwerp on May 4, 1988
- He speaks English, Dutch and Italian fluently, as well as French to a decent level.
- Germinal Beerschot were Nainggolan’s first club, before he joined Piacenza’s youth side in 2005
- He made his professional debut on May 28, 2006 and joined Cagliari in 2010
- That summer, his mother died and he had two wings tattooed on his back with the date of her birth and date
- The Belgian hit the big time when he joined Roma for an initial fee of £2.6million in 2014
- He was involved in a sickening incident in March 2015, which saw Juventus youngster Federico Mattiello’s season ended with a shocking broken leg
- Scored a sensational long-range strike during Belgium’s 3-1 defeat to Wales at Euro 2016
And after Chelsea’s failure to land Romelu Lukaku, the Blues are reluctant to sell Nemanja Matic to Old Trafford.
If Conte does land Bakayoko, he may either head for Nainggolan and sell Matic.
Roma have recently brought in former Sevilla sporting director Monchi to beef up their transfer operation.
Monchi proved extremely successful at the La Liga club and may want to cash in on an ageing player while scouting for transfers that can add value in the future.