Arsenal have reportedly been told they can sign Monaco’s Thomas Lemar – but they will have to pay £80MILLION for the star.
Arsene Wenger is a huge fan of the winger and wants to add the French international to his Gunners squad.
He is already closing in on a £52m move for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette after the frontman completed his medical on Tuesday.
But the Emirates chief is determined to add at least two more big signings to squad after missing out on the Champions League last season.
And 21-year-old Lemar has emerged as one of his top targets.
However, the Daily Mirror claim Arsenal will have to fork out the mammoth fee to get him.
Wenger is believed to be unwilling to meet that huge demand from the Ligue 1 champions.
That could see him switch his attentions elsewhere to bolster his ranks.
Riyad Mahrez remains another wideman that the Gunners are seriously interested in.
The Leicester attacker has handed in a transfer request and is free to leave the Foxes.
Thomas Lemar factfile
- Thomas Lemar was born in Baie-Mahault, Guadeloupe, on 12 November 1995
- The winger began his youth career at Solidarite Scolaire before joining Caen in 2010.
- In 2013 he broke into the first team at Caen, before Monaco snapped him up in 2o15.
- The 21-year-old is rated highly by the national team and has played for the U17s, U18s, U19s, U20s and U21s before appearing in the senior side.
- He made his international debut in 15 November in 2016 after appearing as a sub in a 0-0 friendly against the Ivory Coast.
- Lemar won his first piece of silverware with Monaco after they were crowned Ligue 1 champions.
It was claimed earlier this week that the Algerian was due to join the club as early as this week, but Wenger has been concentrating on getting the deal for Lacazette over the line.
Although a £35m deal for Mahrez could still be in the offing.