Alvaro Morata’s agent and father have held showdown talks with Real Madrid chiefs as the player tries to push through a move to Manchester United.
Agent Juanma Lopez and Alfonso spent 50-minutes discussing Morata’s future after the Red Devils launched a £70million bid.
The Spanish striker has already agreed terms with United but the two clubs have yet to reach an agreement over his value.
It is believed Real Madrid are asking for more than Jose Mourinho’s side are willing to pay as they continue to play hardball.
The Champions League and La Liga winners don’t want him to leave and boss Zinedine Zidane wants him to play a crucial role next season.
But Morata and United will be hoping their meeting will help convince the club to cash in on the 24-year-old.
According to AS, the duo walked into the Bernabeu at noon and left 50 minutes later.
Morata is looking for more first-team football having made just 14 league starts last season and Mourinho has offered assurances that he will be the club’s key striker if he signs.
Alvaro Morata factfile
- Alvaro Morata, aged 24, was born in Madrid, Spain, in October 1992.
- He spent two years at Atletico Madrid’s academy before moving on to Getafe and then Real in 2008, still a junior player.
- Morata made his debut for Real in August 2010, scoring against Castilla.
- He joined Juventus in July 2014 for £17.5million but Real retained an option to buy him back.
- After scoring 27 goals in 93 games in Italy, Real bought Morata back for £26million in 2016.
- Last season he managed 20 goals for Real, his best return.
- He made his international debut for Spain in 2014 and has nine goals from 20 games.
- Morata is a complete modern striker, who is strong on the ball, has energy and pace, and at 6ft 2in is also lethal in the air.
Morata has already told his friends that he expects to move to Old Trafford this summer.
And a deal could be finalised as early as Thursday if Real Madrid drop their £79.5m asking price.
Morata has been enjoying time off the football pitch with new wife Alice Campello after the pair wed in Venice.
The loved-up duo went to the Seychelles for their honeymoon and stayed in a luxury resort costing up to £7,000 a night.
You can pre-register for Dream Team’s new fantasy football game below…
DREAM TEAM COMEDY: Post-Football Season Stress Disorder is affecting us all