Manchester United have agreed personal terms with Anderson Talisca, according to reports in Turkey.
The Benfica winger shone during a loan spell with Besiktas last season, scoring 17 goals in 33 games.
He is due to spend a second term in Istanbul as part of that agreement but United are understood to be keen to swoop in to seal a permanent deal.
Besiktas have a £20million clause written into their loan deal with Benfica – but have shown no interest in triggering it this summer.
And Turkish newspaper AMK claims that United will approach the Portuguese champions with a similar offer after encouraging talks with the player.
Jose Mourinho is a long-term admirer of Talisca, 23, and the Brazilian last week admitted he “dreams” of a move to Old Trafford.
Anderson Talisca factfile
- Real name is Anderson Souza Conceicao – but prefers to go by Talisca
- Born in Feira de Santana, near Salvador in North-East Brazil on February 1 1994
- He has been nicknamed “Yaya Talisca” after City’s Toure, but is mainly compared to Rivaldo
- Has received one international call-up but has yet to make senior Brazil debut
- Joined Benfica for just £4.15million from Bahia in 2014
- Scored 13 goals in 22 games as Besiktas won Turkish league in 2016/1017
- Netted last-minute free-kick against his parent club in 1-1 Champions League draw last season
Besiktas confirmed they are yet to hear of any bid for the playmaker, who is also being tracked by Liverpool.
Club official Metin Albayrak said: “Well every player dreams of playing in the Premier League or La Liga but Talisca has another year with us.
“We have to be informed of any transfers, it cannot go ahead without us at the table.
“We have not been informed of a Man United deal.”
United have already signed defender Victor Lindelof from Benfica this summer in a £31million deal and have also been linked with £30m right-back Nelson Semedo.