Terms & Conditions – Dream Team Influencer Giveaway
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions). Completion and submission of any entry form or email or redeeming any offer (as applicable) is your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to participate in the Promotion published in publications of the Promoter (including social media if applicable) or on the Promoter’s websites, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
The promoter of this Promotion is News Group Newspapers Ltd of 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF (the Promoter).
Participation in the Promotion
- This Promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over only, except employees and agents of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion (including third party promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
- The Promotion starts at 20:00 (UK time) on 5/08/22 and closes at 22:00 (UK time) on 8/08/22 (the Promotion Period). Any attempt to participate outside the Promotion Period will be void.
- You must not enter more than ten (10) teams in total into the Season Competition. If you do so, you will do so in breach of these Game Rules and we reserve the right to void all of your entries and withhold any prizes.
- To enter you must register a team to the Dream Team Fantasy Football game and join the Private Mini League of Bhavs, Rory Jennings, FootyEmporium, TikiTakaConnor, Insta Troll or CFCNewsPage within the Promotion Period.
- Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove or temporarily suspend from the Promotion any entries submitted if, in its reasonable opinion, it suspects any breach of these Terms and Conditions or if it receives any complaint from a third party relating to such entry.
Winners and Prizes
- To be eligible to enter the draw to win a prize, entrants must be entered into one of the following Mini Leagues; Bhavs, Rory Jennings, FootyEmporium, TikiTakaConnor or CFCNewsPage and must score more Dream Team points than the relevant Mini League host in Gameweek 1 of the Dream Team Season game. e.g. If you enter Bhavs’ private Mini League and score more points than Bhavs in that Mini League in Gameweek 1, then you will be entered into the prize draw.
- The prize is £250 cash. One prize per Mini League. If only one participant scores more Dream Team points in Gameweek 1 than the Mini League host, then that participant will be the winner. If more than one player scores more Dream Team points in Gameweek 1 than the Mini League host, then the winner will be selected at random from this list of applicable participants.
- The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
- For all verified winners of the £250 prize, this will be paid by BACS transfer to your account once ID, age verification and any other checks as we may reasonably determine appropriate have been carried out Prizes will be paid out without the winner needing to make a claim and, subject to successful checks being carried out by us, we will with best endeavours verify the results within 14 days of the competition ending. We will then endeavour to pay the winner within 28 days of receiving your bank details.
- The Promoter is unable to transfer funds to a different account once payment has been sent to the winner’s account,
- If the attempted prize payment to the winner fails for any reason such as the transaction is not accepted by the issuing bank then the Promoter will attempt to contact the winner by the mobile number and/or email address provided to us when the relevant participant registered for Dream Team.
- If we are unable to transfer the prize due to an event outside our control which might include: network failures, malfunctions to our systems, war, terrorist activity, riots, malicious damage, fire, flood, storm, nuclear accident or compliance with any new law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, we will do so as soon as the relevant event outside our control allows us to.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner for any reason the Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- All amounts will be paid in British Pounds Sterling. If the winner’s bank account is in a different currency (e.g. Euros) the prize amount may differ to the amount stated due to the then current conversion rate offered by the winner’s bank and may be subject to conversion fees. As this is outside of the control of the Promoter, the Promoter cannot be held responsible for any discrepancies or fees.
Data Protection and Publicity
- The Promoter is required to either publish or make available information that indicates a valid award took place. As such, the Promoter will [publish the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable, their winning entries in [NAME OF MEDIA] on [DATE] OR send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone that contacts the Promoter at the address given above by no later than 28 days after the end of the Promotion Period].
- If a winner objects to any or all of their surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, they should contact the Promoter at the address given above. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to competent authorities, including the Advertising Standard Authority, on request.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the participants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Promotion, their entry will be void.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its reasonable opinion, the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Promotion.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other participants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions in its reasonable discretion. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the Website).
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.