Dortmund will need to dust themselves down and move on as they travel to bottom-of-the-league Paderborn this weekend, following their midweek defeat to Bayern.
Meanwhile, the league leaders will be looking to wrap up the title as quickly as possible with a goal-hungry Robert Lewandowski leading the way.
With Bundesliga matches today and tomorrow, Betway have you covered for all your needs once again by offering punters a free £30 bet (CLAIM HERE).
CLAIM YOUR FREE £30 BET NOW - AD
- Get a free £30 bet with Betway
- Split the bet however you like
- CLAIM YOUR FREE BET NOW
- ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI TO SCORE FIRST IN BAYERN VS DUSSELDORF, 3/1 WITH BETWAY (CLAIM) – Lewandowski will be disappointed not to get on the score sheet in Der Klassiker on Tuesday, so that surely means he’ll be extra-hungry for goals when Bayern entertain Dusseldorf on Saturday.
- JADON SANCHO AND RAPHAEL GUERREIRO BOTH TO SCORE ANYTIME IN PADERBORN VS DORTMUND, 9/2 WITH BETWAY (CLAIM) – With Erling Haaland set to miss out through injury, Dortmund could be leaning on their other young hotshot Sancho and the in-form Guerreiro to get their goals against the Bundesliga’s basement side.
It’s easy to get caught up in all the Dortmund hype, with the brightly-coloured side loved by neutrals for their exciting players, attacking style and passionate fan base.
But they’ve certainly found things tough against Bayern in recent years and their Tuesday night clash was no different – defeat coming via a wonderful strike from Joshua Kimmich.
The sensible heads among you probably would’ve backed Bayern in this one, especially considering their recent record of six wins over Borussia in their last eight meetings.
BVB are also renowned for choking against their Bavarian rivals, famously surrendering the Bundesliga title to them last season with a 5-0 defeat in April with six games remaining.
This article has been written by Dream Team journalists and is informed by editorial opinion. It contains links which are ads (and if you click the link above and bet on an odd, we will earn revenue.)
There was plenty to put in the Bet Cemetery this week, with a host of seemingly nailed-on favourites failing to come in.
For one thing, neither Lewandowski or Haaland scored in Der Klassiker, and nor did Timo Werner in Leipzig’s disappointing 2-2 draw with Hertha Berlin.
But what really had us tearing our hair out was Bayer Leverkusen’s 4-1 defeat to Wolfsburg, in a game that was absolutely dominated by the away side.
Leverkusen were previously unbeaten across all competitions in 12 matches, hadn’t lost at home since November, and were going into this one in great form after wins over Bremen and fellow top-four hopefuls Monchengladbach.
So a big defeat to Wolfsburg at home is pretty perplexing, we must say.
THE CASH OUT
Fancy a little more for a little more?
- Treat yourself to a pie at
the gamehome: Leverkusen to finish inside the top four this season – 4/5
- Get an extra round
at the pubfor the fridge tonight: Dortmund to win 3-0, 3-1 or 3-2 – 16/5
- Booking flights to Vegas
right nownext year: Lewandowski to score first and Bayern to win 4-1 – 25/1
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
– Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
– Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
– Never chase their losses
– Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
– Gamcare- www.gamcare.org.uk
– Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org