I know I speak for all of us when I thank the Bundesliga for finally scratching our excruciating football itch last weekend.
Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund unsurprisingly stole the show as we welcomed back the German top flight, while there were some great goals, dodgy celebrations, and also one or two surprise results that caught our eye.
Betway have you covered for all your needs once again this weekend, offering punters a free £30 bet on the Bundesliga (CLAIM HERE).
CLAIM YOUR FREE £30 BET NOW - AD
- Get a free £30 bet with Betway
- Split the bet however you like
- CLAIM YOUR FREE BET NOW
Right, throw on your finest lederhosen, fill up that stein and let’s do this thing, shall we?
- ERLING HAALAND AND JADON SANCHO BOTH TO SCORE AGAINST WOLFSBURG, 7/2 (CLAIM) – To absolutely nobody’s surprise, Haaland bagged Dortmund’s opener in their 4-0 demolish job of Schalke last weekend. The teen sensation now sits on ten goals for the season, while Sancho, who made an appearance off the bench against Schalke, has 14 to his name. We’re backing the pair to add to their tallies against Wolfsburg… are you?
- BAYERN MUNICH TO BEAT EINTRACHT FRANKFURT AND OVER 2.5 GOALS TO BE SCORED, 1/1 (CLAIM) – It felt as though Bayern had never even been away as they dealt with Union Berlin with relative ease last weekend. The reigning champions face a struggling Eintracht Frankfurt side next and with Robert Lewandowski on the pitch, you can’t look beyond a Bayern win and plenty of goals to boot!
There are only three certainties in life; you’re born, you die and Lewandowski will always, always score goals.
The Pole’s ice-cold finish from the spot, his 26th goal of the campaign, helped league leaders Bayern to a 2-0 win against Union Berlin, extended their lead at the top of the table to four points and in doing so, ensured that bets across the nation (largely) remained intact.
Those who backed Bayern to do the business and for Lewandowski to get himself on the scoresheet would have been very happy indeed!
Dortmund also ensured that the Bundesliga’s second-placed team held up their side of the bargain on the weekend’s accumulators.
Lucien Favre’s side to win and over 2.5 goals to be scored in the game against Schalke was something that we tipped in last week’s Bets Club – did you listen?
This article has been written by Dream Team journalists and is informed by editorial opinion. It contains links which are ads (and if you click the link above and bet on an odd, we will earn revenue.)
There’s always one that let’s you down, right?
Those energy-drink guzzlers RB Leipzig decided to spoil all the fun of football returning by drawing 1-1 with Freiburg… cheers lads!
Timo Werner and co failed to muster up the sort of firepower that has catapulted them up the table and now Leipzig’s title hopes are fading away – they sit seven points beyond Bayern, is the dream now over?
Werner, someone who Liverpool fans might soon be very familiar with, was the only man who failed to find the net as part of the 9/2 goalscorer treble that we tipped with Betway last week.
Still, let’s not be too disheartened by one result letting us down.
After all, we’ve waited far too long for football to return only to give up at the first hurdle… we go again!
THE CASH OUT
A little more for a little more?
- Treat yourself to a pie at
the gamehome: Serge Gnabry to assist 1+ goals – 6/4
- Get an extra round
at the pubfor the fridge tonight: Lewandowski to score three or more goals – 19/4
- Booking flights to Vegas
right nownext year: Eintracht Frankfurt to win and Wolfsburg to win or draw – 44/1
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
– Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
– Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
– Never chase their losses
– Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
– Gamcare- www.gamcare.org.uk
– Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org