It’s time to stock up on your favourite Thai-based energy drink, with the Carabao Cup final coming to town this weekend.
Aston Villa take on Man City in the Wembley showpiece on Sunday which is being billed as the ‘Douglas Luiz derby’… by absolutely no one.
There’s also a shed-load of Prem fixtures to get excited about, not least the M23 duel between Brighton and Palace, Chelsea’s trip to Bournemouth and best-of-the-rest test in Everton vs Man United.
This article has been written by Dream Team journalists and is informed by editorial opinion. It contains links which are ads (and if you click the link below and bet on an odd, we will earn revenue.)
CLAIM YOUR FREE £30 BET NOW - AD
- Get a free £30 bet with Betway
- Split the bet however you like
- CLAIM YOUR FREE BET NOW
Let’s get excited then. Here’s two steamy offers that are making us hot under the collar:
- KEVIN DE BRUYNE, AWAY TEAM FIRST GOALSCORER, 11/2 WITH BETWAY – De Bruyne struck the winner against Real Madrid during the week for his ninth goal of the campaign and will likely be on penalty duty at Wembley.
- BRUNO FERNANDES TO ASSIST MASON GREENWOOD, 7/1 WITH BETWAY – Fernandes is already shaping up to be a Man United hero in the making with two goals and two assists so far, while Greenwood – who played only a handful of minutes midweek – will likely start if Anthony Martial is still injured.
Man United have been watertight at the back in recent weeks, especially now that Harry Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka have settled in nicely.
So many of us expected the Red Devils to book their place in the Europa League’s last 16 on Thursday night with victory over Club Brugge – with a lovely clean-sheet to go with it.
Unbeaten in 12 home matches in the competition, the writing was on the wall when Brugge conceded a penalty and had defender Simon Deli sent off after less than 25 minutes.
The floodgates opened up after Fernandes tucked away the spot-kick and United put a further four past former Liverpool keeper Simon Mignolet in a frightening display.
For those of you who backed United to win to nil or United to win and over 4.5 goals; nicely done.
There’s wasn’t quite the same good feeling 200 miles away in London on Thursday night, as Arsenal fell to a horrible Europa League knockout at the hands of Olympiacos.
The Gunners looked confident ahead of this one; boasting a strong line-up at home for the second-leg after winning won 1-0 in Athens last week.
But a 2-1 win for the Greek giants – courtesy of a late, late goal from Youseff El Arabi – brought about a shock early exit for Mikel Arteta’s side.
And if you listened carefully enough, you could hear the sound of bet slips being ripped in two by heartbroken punters – with the favourite acca on the night being Man United, Arsenal and Inter all to win, with Arsenal being the night’s biggest let-downs.
UP THE TICS
Wigan are in the midst of a spectacular run of results at the moment which sees them a dramatic second in the Championship’s form table.
The Tics’ enjoyed a thumping 3-0 win over Reading on Wednesday at the Madejski Stadium, further boosting their relegation battle to put them level with Middlesbrough in 21st place.
They face a much sterner test on Saturday as they travel to league-leaders West Brom, but still we’re backing the boys to trail at half time before taking all three points in the second half.
Who’s with us?
THE CASH OUT
A little more for a little more?
- Treat yourself to a pie at the game: Giroud to score anytime against Bournemouth, 23/20
- Get an extra round in the pub tonight: Chelsea, Newcastle and West Brom all to win, 13/2
- Booking flights to Vegas right now: Joshua King, Joelinton and Danny Ings all to score, 32/1