The Champions League has another cracker in store for us all tonight with Pep Guardiola making a return to the Bernabeu Stadium.
In what could be Man City’s swansong (for two years at least) in the Champions League, Pep will be hoping to build on his impressive record at Real’s home having only lost once in seven visits as a manager.
Lyon host Juventus in the other tie this evening, with Cristiano Ronaldo looking for Champions League winners medal number six… blimey.
This article has been written by Dream Team journalists and is informed by editorial opinion. It contains links which are ads (and if you click the link below and bet on an odd, we will earn revenue.)
CLAIM YOUR FREE £30 BET NOW - AD
- Get a free £30 bet with Betway
- Split the bet however you like
- CLAIM YOUR FREE BET NOW
Right then, here are two tasty bets we have our eyes on ahead of tonight’s action in the Champions League:
- CRISTIANO RONALDO & KARIM BENZEMA BOTH TO SCORE, BOOSTED TO 5/1 WITH BETWAY (CLICK HERE TO GET THAT OFFER) – Ronaldo has 16 goals in his last 11 Serie A games and will be hoping to carry that form into Europe, while Benzema has four in his last three in the competition.
- BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE IN THE FIRST HALF OF MAN CITY VS REAL MADRID, BOOSTED TO 3/1 WITH BETWAY (CLICK HERE TO GET THAT OFFER) – Real Madrid have conceded six in four against ‘lesser’ opposition than Man City, while Guardiola’s boys have conceded in each of their last four Champions League games.
Even the most devout of Chelsea fan wouldn’t have been too surprised to see Bayern Munich walk all over Frank Lampard’s blues at Stamford Bridge last night.
Robert Lewandowski kept punters waiting, but he put the icing on a very impressive cake by scoring his obligatory goal in the second half to all but end the tie in the first leg.
Serge Gnabry has made London his playground this season and bagged the first two goals of the evening, that’s now six in his two visits to the capital.
Congrats to those of you who took us up on yesterday’s delicious Betway offer of both Lewandowksi and Gnabry to score against the Blues at 17/4.
Spare a thought for all of those Championship bets that were crushed by Bristol City’s loss to Huddersfield last night.
The Terriers’ 2-1 win leaves promotion-chasing City three points adrift of the play-off places… and leaves us out of pocket.
We’re sure Lionel Messi and co would have let a few of you down as Barcelona were held to a 1-1 draw against Napoli in their first leg.
We actually backed Napoli to sneak the win, and so our 10/1 treble of West Brom, Bayern Munich and Napoli just fell short on the Italians. Heartbreaking stuff.
THE CASH OUT
A little more for a little more?
- Treat yourself to a pie at the game: Over 2.5 goals to be scored between Real Madrid and Manchester City, 5/6
- Get an extra round in the pub tonight: Juventus to win 2-1 against Lyon, 8/1
- Booking flights to Vegas right now: Juventus to win and over 3.5 goals, Real to win and over 2.5 goals: 34/1