Not long to go people.
Not much longer to endure Sky Sports’ everlasting, tedious coverage of Liverpool vs Man United. Red Sunday. REDemption. Kings of the North.
They’ll run out of ideas soon because this fixture is invariably very boring. Give us the north London derby ANY DAY over this drivel.
This article has been written by Dream Team journalists and is informed by editorial opinion. It contains links which are ads (and if you click the link below and bet on an odd, we will earn revenue.)
CLAIM YOUR FREE £30 BET NOW - AD
- Get a free £30 bet with Betway
- Split the bet however you like
- CLAIM YOUR FREE BET NOW
I suppose there is a nice subplot to Sunday’s ‘big one’ at Anfield in that United are still the only team to take points off Liverpool so far this season. That is absolutely mental.
That was a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford back in October when Adam Lallana struck late to preserve the Reds’ unbeaten league run.
But the return fixture looks a bit more straightforward, particularly considering the runaway leaders are back on home turf.
Mo Salah and Sadio Mane both scored in their last home game and Betway have a nice little boost (also below) for a repeat of that.
Elsewhere, the rest of the division absolutely reeks of draws with some good value too.
- MO SALAH AND SADIO MANE TO SCORE, 4/1 WITH BETWAY – Back Liverpool’s big boys to bully United’s lot all the way back down the M62.
- SIX DRAWS OR MORE FROM THIS WEEKEND’S PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES, 22/1 WITH BETWAY – Hear us out here, but we reckon only Liverpool, Man City and maybe Leicester will definitely win this weekend. The rest honours even and some decent wedge to go with it.
Roberto Firmino; the man with teeth so white even Ross from Friends is jealous. I’M AN EIGHT?! AN EIGHT?!
Last weekend we backed the Brazilian to continue his relentless scoring streak on the road by bagging first against Spurs at 11/2, which he duly did.
Exactly 100% of Firmino’s league goals this season have come away from home, so we’d look elsewhere when Liverpool host United on Sunday.
We roasted Leicester last week and they are prime candidates again to be honest after their home defeat to Southampton.
But Saints have been pretty impressive of late and Danny Ings looks unstoppable, so we’ll let the Foxes off this time.
Instead our cowards come in the form of Leeds AND West Brom; the Championship’s supposed ‘top two’ teams. Yeah right.
Last Saturday Leeds lost at home to Sheffield Wednesday while the Baggies couldn’t even win at Charlton – who they literally beat in the cup six days before.
Is this when the annual Marcelo Bielsa collapse kicks in? Leeds are looking a bit leggy…
UP THE TICS
Halfway through the season and we are very, very poor men, no thanks to that motley crew at the DW Stadium.
Bristol City played them off the park last weekend and Wigan sit just two points and one place off the bottom of the Championship.
But spirits are still high and hope is not lost. Something is afoot… starting with this weekend at Swansea.
Swansea are mightily unpredictable and Wigan pinched their first away win of the season on their last road trip at Birmingham.
This weekend it’s 33/1 for The Tics to be losing at half time and winning at full time.
THE CASH OUT
Stop! Accumulator time…
- Treat yourself to a pie at the game: Brighton, Bristol City and Brentford to win, 3/1 with Betway
- Get an extra round in the pub tonight: Norwich, Everton and Millwall to win, 9/1 with Betway
- We’re booking flights to Vegas straight away: Arsenal vs Sheffield United, Southampton vs Wolves and Derby vs Hull, all to be draws, 40/1 with Betway