First things first; a VERY Merry Christmas from everyone here at Dream Team.
We hope it was brimming with Baileys and bread sauce. Shame Gavin and Stacey was a bit shite, eh? (Happy to argue with anyone who says it wasn’t, by the way).
But yesterday was just the appetiser, the smoked salmon blinis if you will. Today is very much the main course given all the sport that is going on.
Let’s get stuck in, shall we?
This article has been written by Dream Team journalists and is informed by editorial opinion. It contains links which are ads (and if you click the link below and bet on an odd, we will earn revenue.)
CLAIM YOUR FREE £30 BET NOW - AD
- Get a free £30 bet with Betway
- Split the bet however you like
- CLAIM YOUR FREE BET NOW
It’s a case of saving the best till last today with Leicester vs Liverpool rounding off a fine festive feast.
The Reds might be a bit weary from their Qatari excursions so we wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Vardy and co. slightly derail their relentless run towards the title.
Elsewhere it’s Arteta’s Arsenal bow at Bournemouth and plenty of ammunition for some appetising accas.
Here’s what Betway have up their sleeves today:
- CHELSEA, SHEFFIELD UNITED AND ASTON VILLA TO WIN, 11/2 WITH BETWAY – All at home, with Southampton, Watford and Norwich their victims. Those three might be the trio that go down, don’t you think?
- MARCUS RASHFORD TO SCORE AND MAN UNITED TO BEAT NEWCASTLE, EVENS WITH BETWAY – Rashford is flying at the moment and Newcastle are no good on the road. This seems like a no-brainer.
- KEMPTON RACING: FUSIL RAFFLES (14.30) AND CYRNAME (15.05) BOTH TO WIN, 7/1 WITH BETWAY – If you’re into your racing, the King George VI Chase is one of the biggest meets of the year. Cyrname is heavily favoured in the 3.05 so this is a nice little double.
Could be a big day for the horsey stuff.
Cast your minds back to just before Christmas, if indeed your brain still has the capacity to remember back that far.
Man City may have beaten Leicester fairly convincingly in Saturday’s late game, but one man wasn’t to be denied.
And when the ‘big six’ are in town, he never usually is.
That man is Jamie Vardy, of course, who has scored a phenomenal 36 goals in 59 appearances against Liverpool, City, Spurs, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea.
Anyone who had him to score up at the Etihad will have been a happy man, with extra kudos going to those who backed him to net first.
He also has seven goals in 10 games against Liverpool…
Villains of the weekend? Man United again. Arch nemesis of the weekend? That’ll be ol’ Flappy Hands David De Gea.
Watford had won once all season before United’s visit on Sunday but despite Marcus Rashford being in fine form and Paul Pogba back from injury, the Red Devils fell apart again.
Wins over Spurs and United and then they go and do this.
Just when you think you can trust them, they throw it back in your face.
UP THE TICS
Wigan drew 0-0 at Blackburn on Monday night. That’s about all there is to say about that game.
Today looks like it could be a belter though and we can’t help but feel this is the one, with the Latics hosting Derby at the DW.
Remember we’re looking for them to be trailing at half time before winning at full time. The magic victory method.
That’ll be 25/1 with Betway, if you fancy joining us.
THE CASH OUT
Let’s make this a Boxing Day to remember…
- Treat yourself to a pie at the game: Sheffield United and Blackburn to win, 3/1 with Betway
- Get an extra round in the pub tonight: Arsenal, Everton, Sheffield Wednesday and Bristol Rovers to win, 13/1 with Betway
- Booking flights to Vegas right now: West Ham, Bristol City, Huddersfield and MK Dons to win, 56/1 with Betway