It’s probably the most high profile game in club football.
No, we’re not talking about Oxford United vs Man City, it’s the small matter of El Clasico tonight as Barcelona and Real Madrid lock horns at the Nou Camp.
There’s nothing between them at the top of La Liga and it’s both sides’ final commitments before the Spanish winter break. Should be a cracker, then.
This article has been written by Dream Team journalists and is informed by editorial opinion. It contains links which are ads (and if you click the link below and bet on an odd, we will earn revenue.)
CLAIM YOUR FREE £30 BET NOW - AD
- Get a free £30 bet with Betway
- Split the bet however you like
- CLAIM YOUR FREE BET NOW
It’s a double dose of action tonight then, with three League Cup games and the main course over in Spain.
Man City and Man United should easily see off Oxford and Colchester respectively, but there could be some value in Everton vs Leicester.
Here’s what has caught our eye ahead of what could be a wondrous Wednesday night:
- BET £5, GET £10 FREE IF LIONEL MESSI SCORES AGAINST REAL MADRID – This is an offer not to be sniffed at, particularly considering the Argentine magician has scored 26 times against Real before.
- LEICESTER, MAN CITY AND MAN UNITED TO WIN, 2/1 WITH BETWAY – Even if Leicester rest a few players at Goodison Park they should have enough to see off Everton.
Oh, and a little bonus section after the Champions League last 16 draw was made on Monday.
City play Real Madrid, Chelsea play Bayern, Liverpool play Atletico and Spurs play Leipzig. Plenty of value to be made with some of these odds from Betway:
- ENGLISH TEAM TO WIN THE TOURNAMENT, 11/10 WITH BETWAY
- ALL FOUR ENGLISH TEAMS TO MAKE THE QUARTER-FINALS, 13/1 WITH BETWAY
Man City against Arsenal now has a certain sense of inevitability about it.
The crushing 3-0 victory on Sunday is now their fifth in a row against the Gunners, scoring eight without reply in their last three visits to the Emirates.
That Kevin De Bruyne masterclass was a joy to behold, but anyone who equally backed City to win and over 2.5 goals will have had a double dose of satisfaction.
Arsenal haemorrhage goals and City favour playing Arsenal over anyone else – it was written in the stars.
Kudos also to anyone who had United to slip up against Everton.
The Red Devils have taken more points from the five teams above them than they have from the 14 teams below them, so in truth that was another result we saw coming a mile off.
This week’s Bet Cemetery has a distinctly European feel to it, because we know a lot of you don’t mind an acca on the continent.
And it’s actually back to back Borussia Monchengladbach (say that out loud, it’s oddly satisfying) after they crashed out of the Europa League last week too.
Monchengladbach have been absolutely flying in the Bundesliga this season and, until Sunday, were sitting pretty at the top of tree after beating Bayern the week before.
That was until they ran into Wolfsburg, who themselves were fresh off the back of two defeats.
Monchengladbach left northern Germany with egg on their faces, a 2-1 defeat duly squandering top spot in to Leipzig in the process. Dammit, lads.
UP THE TICS
No Wigan this week and, in fact, we won’t see them again until Monday night when they play Blackburn in a tasty Lancashire derby.
That smells of a lovely comeback victory.
THE CASH OUT
Get some midweek madness in you with these three thronkers:
- Treat yourself to a pie at the game: Leicester to beat Everton in 90 minutes, 11/8 with Betway
- Get an extra round in the pub tonight: Lionel Messi to score first and Barcelona to win, 4/1 with Betway
- Booking flights to Vegas right now: Colchester and Real Madrid to win in 90 minutes, 79/1 with Betway