It was a good night for the favourites on Wednesday.
We said farewell to the Champions League group stage this decade with no less than seven out of the eight pre-match favourites winning.
That’s a little something we like to call acca heaven.
This article has been written by Dream Team journalists and is informed by editorial opinion. It contains links which are ads (and if you click the link below and bet on an odd, we will earn revenue.)
CLAIM YOUR FREE £30 BET NOW - AD
- Get a free £30 bet with Betway
- Split the bet however you like
- CLAIM YOUR FREE BET NOW
All the possible title challengers are playing today and yes, Man City are playing tomorrow.
We reckon an easy three points for Liverpool and Leicester at home to Watford and Norwich respectively, but the real drama will come when Southampton host West Ham in the late one.
A win for the Saints and West Ham could well be in the relegation zone by the end of the day *insert Dildo Brothers joke here*.
Here’s Betway’s best for today:
- CHELSEA, SHEFFIELD UNITED AND BURNLEY TO WIN, 9/2 BOOST WITH BETWAY – Three home teams, with Burnley needing a win and hosting an injury-ravaged Newcastle. Get stuck in.
- SOUTHAMPTON TO BEAT WEST HAM TO NIL, 13/5 BOOST WITH BETWAY – West Ham losing is the most predictable bet of the weekend and we don’t even think they’ll get a goal on the south coast. Adios Manuel too?
Sad Hammers tickle your fancy?
As mentioned above, Wednesday night’s Champions League action was an acca delight.
The likes of Man City, Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus and Bayern all won comfortably, with only the Shakhtar v Atalanta game too close to call.
With the majority of the top clubs already through and not much on the line, sticking to the big guns was a smart move.
Another pointer of note was Philippe Coutinho finally bagging against Spurs late on after what felt like 94 shots.
The little Brazilian magician has only scored more against Sevilla and Man City in his career than Spurs, so anyone who backed him to net was one step ahead of the game.
Slim pickings today (that’s a good thing) but if the Europa League is your vibe then there were a couple of peculiar results on Thursday night.
Arsenal are beyond reliability now, even when they’re tasked with seeing off Belgian fishermen.
But Group J will have more than raised a few eyebrows.
Chris Smalling’s Roma were held at home to Austrian side Wolfsberger while Bundesliga table-toppers Borussia Monchengladbach lost at home to Istanbul Basaksehir and duly crashed OUT.
We’re hardly German football aficionados, but that’s a bit weird isn’t it?
UP THE TICS
Yep, this smells like the one after a valiant point against Championship leaders West Brom on Wednesday.
Huddersfield Town coming to the DW to face the mighty Wigan on their own patch has topsy-turvy game written all over it. Proper relegation six-pointer.
As you know by now we are sticking our weekly tenner on The Tics to be losing at half time before turning it round to win at full time.
This week Betway are pricing it at 25/1. Lovely stuff.
THE CASH OUT
Big up the weekend wonders. Let’s make it one to remember:
- Treat yourself to a pie at the game: Sheffield United, Leicester and Leeds to win, 3/1 with Betway
- Get an extra round in the pub tonight: Chelsea, Wigan and Swansea all to win, 6/1 with Betway
- Booking flights to Vegas right now: Fulham, Bristol City, Doncaster and Oxford all to win, 28/1 with Betway
Let’s go Bets Clubbers. Let’s Go.