OK so the hot streak had to end at some point.
After backing two 8/1 winners and then that mammoth 61/1 in the last couple of weeks, our luck ran out last night.
But with six more top flight fixtures to tuck into tonight, there’s no time to start feeling sorry for ourselves.
This article has been written by Dream Team journalists and is informed by editorial opinion. It contains links which are ads (and if you click the link below and bet on an odd, we will earn revenue.)
CLAIM YOUR FREE £30 BET NOW - AD
- Get a free £30 bet with Betway
- Split the bet however you like
- CLAIM YOUR FREE BET NOW
We take another voyage down the Amazon tonight with Man United vs Spurs and the Merseyside derby the headline fixtures. Oosh!
Here’s what our chums at Betway have spruced up:
- HARRY KANE, JAMIE VARDY AND SADIO MANE ALL TO SCORE, 7/1 BOOST WITH BETWAY – Three premium marksmen all in fine form against relegation threatened sides. Yes United are closer to the drop than top four, so there’s nothing wrong with that statement.
- MAN UNITED VS SPURS, FIRST GOAL WINS WITH BETWAY – Betway will pay you out as a winner if the team you backs scores first. Nice touch, isn’t it?
- SPURS TO BEAT UNITED 3-2, 22/1 WITH BETWAY – Jose Mourinho appears so transfixed with changing his ‘Park the Bus’ image that he’s informed his Spurs side they have to win every game 3-2. Two of his three games so far have ended that way, with the other finishing 4-2!
How about any of them, Bets Clubbers?
Slim pickings last night, but anyone with their wits about them will have predicted the Eagles soaring at Selhurst Park.
Bournemouth are diabolical on the road, picking up just a solitary point from six away league games since a win at Southampton.
In that time they’ve lost to Newcastle, Burton Albion and now a 10-man Crystal Palace – in which the hosts were a man down for over 70 minutes. Bleak times for Eddie Howe’s boys.
Woy Hodgson is a wily old custodian when it comes to masterminding results like this, and Palace were 6/5 before kick off to triumph.
If anyone backed that – and I’m sure there were plenty – then very well played.
This is getting a bit more personal than usual.
Man City scored four goals at Burnley last night yet Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne weren’t involved in any of them. That’s unheard of.
We backed De Bruyne to assist Sterling at 3/1 but were left with egg on our faces as Gabriel Jesus stole the show.
From a fantasy football perspective, De Bruyne has only two attacking returns since Game Week 10 while Sterling has only two goals in his last seven games.
The usual City suspects are letting us down and might be time to consider other contributors.
UP THE TICS
As we said yesterday no midweek Wigan action for us, but we renew our mission to back them to win after trailing at half time again at the weekend. Luton away? Sounds like a no-brainer.
THE CASH OUT
Have a look at these for some mid-week madness:
- Treat yourself to a pie at the game: Leicester, Liverpool and Wolves to win, 2/1 with Betway
- Get an extra round in the pub tonight: Chelsea vs Villa and Southampton vs Norwich, both to be draws, 20/1 with Betway
- We’re booking flights to Vegas straight away: Dele Alli (vs United), Raul Jimenez (vs West Ham) and Todd Cantwell (vs Southampton), all to score first, 360/1 with Betway
Go well, Bets Clubbers.