Gareth Southgate is set to hand Harry Winks his first England cap in over a year against Spain tonight, according to reports.
The tidy Spurs midfielder is expected to replace the suspended Jordan Henderson for their UEFA Nations League clash in Seville.
John Stones will also miss out after picking up a booking against Croatia, meaning Joe Gomez will deputise.
Play the easiest fantasy football game around
- Dream Team Weekender is the easiest fantasy football game around
- Simply pick 7 players with no budget limitations
- You can win £10k this weekend – and it’s free to enter
- SIGN UP TO PLAY DREAM TEAM WEEKENDER NOW
It completes a pleasing turn around for Winks after a terrible year plagued by injuries.
This time last season the Spurs midfielder was earning plaudits for dominating Real Madrid at the Bernabeu in the Champions League.
He then picked up his first England cap in the 1-0 win over Lithuania last October.
But injuries derailed the rest of his 2017/18 season and only in recent months has he managed to get back in the groove.
The rest of the England side remains unchanged from that dire 90 minutes in Croatia on Friday night, meaning Jadon Sancho again has to settle for a place on the bench.
With the fans allowed back inside the stadium tonight, surely it won’t be another snoozefest?
- 11 England stats that sound like bulls**t but are actually true
- The ‘next Steven Gerrard’ is now a brilliant centre back on the brink of an England call up
- The Dream Team Coach suggests a formation tweak and worries about Mohamed Salah’s injury
WATCH: Love of the Game – Part 2