Juventus have reportedly offered Gonzalo Higuain to Chelsea in their efforts to re-sign Alvaro Morata.
The Evening Standard claims Juve chiefs are keen to capitalise on the uncertainty surrounding Chelsea’s next boss by swooping for unsettled Morata.
The striker, 25, failed to set Stamford Bridge alight after his club-record £60million move from Real Madrid last summer.
- Can you name the top-scoring defenders in Champions League history?
- Pep Guardiola submits £200million bid for Anfield atmosphere after Champions League loss
- Do England have the best pool of right-backs in world football at the moment?
And a shock exit is on the cards as Chelsea also prepare to axe Antonio Conte just a year after his title-winning exploits.
Juventus are said to be preparing an offer for Morata, who became a fan favourite during two successful seasons in Turin.
But the Serie A champions must first offload a big earner, and Morata’s potential arrival leaves Argentina international Higuain right in the firing line.
Despite bagging 55 goals in 105 games under Max Allegri since his arrival from Napoli in 2016, Higuain continues to divide fans as well as some of those behind the scenes.
Turning 31 next season, he is five years older than Morata and has now been offered the chance to try his luck in England before the curtain falls on his career.
Chelsea are said to be open to the prospect of losing Morata, but it’s not known if they have interest in taking on Higuain as a replacement.
The Blues have instead been heavily linked with wantaway Bayern Munich star Robert Lewandowski, although much depends on whether Maurizio Sarri, Laurent Blanc or even Conte himself will be in charge this time next month.
Dream Team World Cup has landed!
The greatest show on Earth just got that bit more exciting.
That’s because the Dream Team World Cup game is coming ahead of this summer’s tournament.
Dream Team World Cup
- Completely free to enter
- £50m budget and 20 transfers throughout the tournament
- £175k total prizepot (for UK players only)
- PRE-REGISTER FOR DREAM TEAM WORLD CUP NOW
The game officially launches on June 1 – but you can pre-register for the game now.
If you’re an existing Dream Team customer the World Cup game now appears in the app or you can enter here, but if you’re not follow these simple steps:
- Download the Dream Team app
- Create an account
- Click on the World Cup banner below in the app and follow the pre-registration instructions
From Russia with a whole lot of love.