Crystal Palace fans can breathe a sigh of relief as Wilfried Zaha has declared he will NOT be leaving the club in January.
The winger has been one of the shining lights in an otherwise disappointing season for the Eagles, and has been linked with big money moves away from Selhurst Park.
When asked by the BBC whether he will be staying with Roy Hodgson’s men beyond the transfer window, Zaha simply said: “Yep, I am.”
The news will come as delight for Palace supporters, with the club currently embroiled in a relegation battle as they sit 17th in the Premier League table.
Hodgson revealed last month that he was expecting bids for his prized asset after his blistering start to the campaign.
But later issued a hands-off warning to potential suitors to fend off interest from the likes of Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea.
He told the club’s website: “I have assurances from the club owners and chairman, Steve Parish, that [Zaha leaving] is not going to happen.
- How Brazil’s misfit midfield transformed them into World Cup favourites
- 11 stats, facts and quirks that will make you think very differently about the Premier League this season
- QUIZ: Can you name the last 10 players to score for England?
“We want to keep all the players we have got and ideally want to add to the squad in the January transfer window to strengthen even more.
“We are not too concerned about any rumours which might circulate because he is going nowhere.”
The 25-year-old missed the first two months of the season with an injury, after picking up a knock against Huddersfield in the 4-0 defeat in the opening game of the campaign.
But he has been influential since his return to the starting XI, netting four times, and being a constant scourge for defenders.
He won his side a late penalty against Manchester City on New Year’s Eve, but Luka Milivojevic was denied by Ederson in an eventual 0-0 draw.
Next up for Palace is a clash against Southampton at St Mary’s on Tuesday evening.