Sadio Mane is the latest player to pick up an injury on international duty which will sideline the Liverpool ace for up to six weeks.
Liverpool confirmed that the rapid winger sustained a hamstring injury during Senegal’s World Cup qualifying win over Cape Verde.
The 25-year-old had only just returned to the first-team following a three-match ban after receiving a red card at Manchester City.
But Jurgen Klopp now faces the prospect of being without his star man until the end of November.
How has Mane performed on Dream Team this season?
- 3 goals and 1 assists in all competitions
- 41 points – fourth highest Liverpool player
- Selected by 15.2% of Dream Team managers
- GET MANE OUT OF YOUR FANTASY TEAM NOW
He will miss crucial fixtures including the next two league clashes against Manchester United and Tottenham.
The Reds will also face a double header against Maribor in the Champions League and could miss their crucial European encounter at Sevilla on November 21.
Mane started the season in blistering fashion and was crowned August’s Premier League Player of the Month after three league goals.
He was then controversially sent off in the 5-0 defeat to Manchester City at the start of September, resulting in a three-match ban.
Have you signed up to play Dream Team Weekender?
- Pick 7 players – no limit to the number of players you can choose from one club
- No transfer budget – any player is available to pick
- Only Saturday and Sunday fixtures
- Sign up to play Dream Team Weekender now
Mane is crucial to the Reds’ attack but he’s also a firm favourite on Dream Team, with 15.2% of managers selecting the Senegalese forward.
So if you’re one of them, you’ve got a decision to make… just who has the credentials to replace Mane?