JOSE MOURINHO has been put on red alert over Bayern Munich star Renato Sanches.
The Portugal midfielder is on the Manchester United boss’ hitlist and could be allowed out on loan this season.
Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti is set for talks with the 19-year-old over his future after the pre-season tour of Asia.
Ancho said: “When we have time to take a decision together it can be a possibility of going on loan. Also a possibility is that he stays with us and helps us.
“The market stops on Aug 31, at the moment he is working with us and training with us.”
United were initially favourites to sign Sanches over a year ago, before Louis van Gaal was sacked as Old Trafford boss.
And the Portugal starlet, 19, was scooped up by Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Bayern instead as United dithered over getting Mourinho in.
But Sanches has not quite settled in at Bayern, and after extensive scouting from Old Trafford, United are sure they can still make the midfielder into a world beater.
Mourinho has previously expressed his frustration that United could not secure Sanches last year, even though they share the same agent.
But now the opportunity for the Portuguese boss to work with the youngster looks better than ever.
Mourinho said back in April: “We want the young boys to play and to perform.
“At the same time, the best teams want to win and it is difficult to win with the learning curve of young boys.
“You go to other clubs where young players are being developed.
“It’s easy when there is no pressure playing in mid-table where you can win today, lose tomorrow. It’s different at big clubs.
“There is a Portuguese kid, Renato Sanches, who is a European champion. But he doesn’t play in Bayern Munich.
“The last match he played, they lost to Hoffenheim.
“Will he play in the Champions League quarter finals? I have my doubts.
“You know there are contradictions in all of us.”