CHELSEA are reportedly struggling to keep hold of manager Antonio Conte with Inter Milan trying to take the 47-year-old back to Italy.
Conte has led the Blues to the Premier League title in his first season, but is said to be homesick after a year in London.
Conte’s family has so far remained in Italy and the Sunday Express has reported that Chelsea face a challenge to keep him from the clutches of Inter.
The Milan club are mega-rich after being taken over by the Chinese Suning Group. They are said to be ready to offer the former Juventus and Italy boss £20m a year.
Chelsea are determined to keep Conte with a new contract, but Inter Milan chief Piero Ausilio wants his compatriot to help make his club one of Europe’s superpowers.
Conte told Italian newspaper La Repubblica: “It’s not all happiness and light.
“The arrival was, but the journey wasn’t. With my wife Elisabetta in January we decided that Vittoria [his daughtger] would finish school in Turin, even if she was already registered to start in London.
“However, if I am to stay, then they will come and stay with me. It will be a great opportunity for my daughter to live in a foreign country.
“I’ll tell you one thing for sure, I won’t have another year on my own.
“I am proud Italy fans love me. Speculation over my future are normal. I am in love with Italy, I feel my country in my heart.”
Chelsea will be presented with the Premier League title after their home match with Sunderland on Sunday.
They will then hope to complete the Double by beating Arsenal in the FA Cup final next Saturday (27 May).