We have known for some time now that a long-anticipated gifting system was to be added to Fortnite.
Well, we finally have some more information on what it is going to look like and when it is going to drop.
Fortnite news and leaks website FNBR.NEWS has reportedly spoken to an inside source at EPIC games, who said “gifting is nearly done” and that we should expect to see it added to the battle royale game towards the start of Season 7.
FNBR have warned people to take the news with a ‘pinch of salt’ as previous gifting rumours have turned out to be false before.
Here’s everything we know about the gifting system so far:
Before you can send a gift:
- You must first enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). If you need help turning on 2FA, see our FAQ: http://epic.gm/h63ky
- You also must reach level 2 or higher.
There are some things you can’t gift:
- Battle Passes
- Real money offers
- Items that are not currently in the item shop
- Items that are already in your locker
- Some store items, including Battle Pass Tier Bundles
You can gift using these platforms only:
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
All gifts are non-refundable.
- Please be sure you give the gift to the right friend! “I tried to send a gift, but I’m getting an error.” There are a few reasons sending a gift may result in an error:
- If you exceeded the total amount of gifts you can send within 24 hours, sending a gift will fail. You’ll need to wait 24 hours before you can send more gifts.
- If you’re trying to gift an item to a player who already has that item, gifting will fail.
- If you’ve been friends with a player for less than two weeks, gifting will fail. Both the sender and the receiver(s) of gifts must be EPIC friends for at least two weeks prior to sending/receiving gifts.
If you are keen to see everything there is to know about Fortnite Season 7 click here!