FIFA 19’s Ultimate Team has always been an expensive affair for the more dedicated fans.
Trying your luck with pack openings to get the best players is far from cheap.
Sports site ‘bwin’ converted FIFA 19’s virtual currency into real money and calculated how much it would cost you to buy some of the best players in the game.
Bwin worked out that 5,000 coins cost 79p, which makes 1,000 coins roughly 16p.
A team of legends
Statistically, the best players in the game are the icons – historic footballers who have gone down as legends of the game.
A team of these Icons would cost you around 31.7 million FIFA Coins.
Or £4,990 – that’s a lot of cash.
The most expensive player and an icon himself is Brazillian Ronaldo who is worth £790!
How expensive are the best squads?
Bwin also calculated the most expensive squads in each of the leagues in-game using players that were currently available.
- Premier Leauge – De Gea – Van Dijk, Azpilicueta, D Sanchez – Hazard, Knate, Pogba, Salah, De Bruyne – Aubamayang, Aguero = £402
- LaLiga – Courtois – Ramos, Varane, Umtiti – Coutinho, Modric, Isco, Bale – Messi, Suarez, Griezmann = £415
- Serie A – Handanovic – A Sandro, Koulibaly, Chiellini, J Cancelo – Naingolan, Mertens, Dybala, Ronaldo Immobile = £410
- Bundesliga – Neuer – Alaba, Boateng, Hummels, Kimmich – Reus, Goretzka, Rodriguez, Robben – Lewandowski, Werner = £103
- Ligue 1 – Buffon – T Silva, Kimpembe, Marquinhos – Neymar, Payet, Veratti, Mbappe, Fekir, Cavani, Depay = £179
Player prices fluctuate throughout the game’s life cycle, so if you are looking to save a bit of money and get players while they are going cheap you will have to keep an eye on the market.