Finding it hard to win games on FIFA 18? Then this post is for you.
Gamers have discovered a load of ‘hidden’ moves that don’t appear on any of the game’s tutorials or menus.
These range from improved finesse shots to more precise through balls – and have been causing a storm on the FIFA sub-Reddit.
Here, thanks to the help of reddit-user taythescotsman, we can reveal the ones that have the biggest impact. Enjoy.
1) L1+R1+Triangle outside of the crossing area will do a driven lobbed though ball. It’;s far more precise than regular lobbed through balls. It does super precise crosses when done inside the crossing area.
2) L2+L1 does manual close control shielding dribble, which is amazing in the box especially with bigger/stronger players.
3) L2+shoot outside the box does a ‘fancy’ knuckle ball long shot.
4) L2+R1+shoot outside the box does a more driven/powerful finesse shot.
5) Holding L2+X on defense does jockey contain which keeps you close and tracking your man. With high defensive stat players you stick to him like glue, and if you continue holding them and also press tackle you’ll do a precise, powerful foot in to win the ball.
6) When running shoulder to shoulder within about 1-2 yards of your opponent, hold tackle and your player will try to grab his jersey/arm and pull himself in front to take the ball.
7) Click the right analogue stick in and your keeper will try to cover the back post. Just be careful because if someone is smart and catches on, they’ll shoot near post and score easily.
8) Double tapping slide tackle will make your player slide and then jump back to his feet instead of taking longer to stand up.
9) Holding R2 and doing a fake shot while standing still (4 Star skills only) will do a ball fake where the player rolls the ball in front of him and pulls it back. Holding the left stick at a slight angle forward left or right while doing this does the V dragback where they roll the ball in front in one direction then pull it back and exit in the other.
10) Holding L2 while doing regular passes does trick/fancy passing. Holding L2 and pressing though ball does a fake shot pass where the player winds up as if to shoot/power lob the ball and then passes it to a teammate instead.
11) L1+R1+shoot does a finesse chip shot. Tends to float higher and has a bit of curve.
There you have it – go forth and conquer.