FIFA 18 fans have been treated to yet another patch as EA Sports battles to improve the game.
The Vancouver-based developer is currently under fire from gamers who are calling for substantial changes to this year’s game.
The Weekend League, Ultimate Team packs and general gameplay have all been targeted.
The latest patch makes a number of key changes – including fixing incorrect penalty calls where a defender legally wins a header but also collides with an attacking player.
Elsewhere, goalkeepers have been improved – now no longer staying on the ground for too long or failing to gather loose balls.
Other, more general bugs have also been removed.
These include players being unable to make quick subs if they had used all their available pauses and the game freezing when quickly selecting an opponent in Squad Battles.
Here is the full list of changes – currently available on PC, but coming to console imminently.
Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
– Incorrect penalty calls where a defender legally wins a header but also collides with an attacking player.
– Goalkeepers staying on the ground too long, not attempting to gather the ball, when the ball was within reach after a save.
– Goalkeepers sometimes not going for the ball after a back pass.
– This issue would occur more often if using manual passing.Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
– Players getting a message that there are no attempts remaining in the current Daily Knockout Tournament when their final attempt is still active.
– The game freezing when quickly selecting an opponent in Squad Battles immediately after getting to the Opponent Selection screen.
– Corrected some of the text for the squad requirements in FUT Champions.
– A visual issue with an incorrect overall player rating showing in the Player Performance screen of the Pause Menu in certain situations.
-Added additional matchmaking regions in Pro Clubs.
Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:
– Players being unable to make quick subs if they had used all their available pauses.
– The trophy not being presented in the Pro Clubs Championship celebration.
– Captains disconnecting from Pro Clubs matches when Voice Chat is disabled via game launcher.
Addressed the following issues in Career Mode:
– Players signed to pre-contracts, in the first season, not coming to your team if the first summer transfer window was disabled during your Career Mode setup.
– Some player attributes were missing from the Squad HUB.
-The tournament tree in the Women’s International Cup being empty after the semifinals.
Addressed the following issues in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
– Repetitive whistling that was heard in some stadiums.
– Some visual issues with the Bundesliga broadcast package.
– Updates to a number of crests and kits.
Let’s hope EA Sports continues to improve things – something tells us there’s still plenty more on the list.
WATCH: These FIFA tackles are the stuff of nightmares